Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Is a metal roof right for me in Kernersville NC?

When my roof needed to be replaced, my first question was “is a metal roof right for me?”  I had heard a little about them, and I knew they were becoming popular in Kernersville NC and Triad area.  I decided to check into them to see what was so great about metal roofs.

Talk to a metal roofing company
greensboro nc metal roofI talked to a metal roofing company and asked them “is a metal roof right for me?”  They gave me some valuable information.  I learned that metal roofing is not just for a commercial roof; many homeowners are choosing metal roofs.

One of the reasons that metal roofs are becoming popular is because they last much longer than other roof types.  Many manufacturers provide better warranties with metal roofing than with other roofs because of their life expectancy.

A metal roof seals out water much better than other roof choices.  You do not have to worry about pooling water-causing damage.  It can also handle the heavy weight of snow without a problem.  High winds will not affect metal roofs, and they have the highest fire rating of any roof material.  This meant better safety for my family, and me which was an important reason to consider when asking “is a metal roof right for me?”

Save money with metal roofing
The metal roofing company also told me that I would not have problems with mildew and rot.  Less maintenance means more savings.  You can also save money by not removing your old roof before installing the new metal roof.  It is lightweight material and will weigh less than whatever you already have on your roof.

Another way you can save money is in the fact that you will not have to replace it again in the next ten or fifteen years.  This is a nice benefit if you are building your home.  You can also have a lower pitch on your future home because standing water and snow will not cause leaks in your roof.  This is why you will often see metal on a commercial roof.

Metal roofing keeps your house cooler, which is the opposite of what most people expect.  Even though it does not have a high R-rating for insulation, it does allow space between the roof decking and the roofing material to increase the insulation.

Do your research
To answer the question, “is a metal roof right for me?” I did a lot of research and asked the experts.  It is always best to talk to a reputable metal roofing company in Kernersville and the Triad area when you have a question.  They will provide you with the correct information so you can make the right decision.

I have learned a lot about metal roofs because I asked the right people.  I can answer my question, “is a metal roof right for me?” with a happy “yes.”  Contact Triad Installations for more information on metal roofing in Kernersville, the Triad, Greensboro and surrounding areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment